Our faculty of economics established in the year 1388(2009), which
is a place of minds and mega minds. It is dedicated to produce smart &
intelligent Graduates and in future Inshallah Post Graduates, who develop their
potential to the fullest. We are committed to achieve and continue unmatched
excellence in business technical education.The faculty lays stress on assignments, practical training,
personality development, sports and co–curricular activities to explore
potential and ensure self-discipline in students with interaction. The faculty
has a rich tradition of pursuing academic excellence and overall personal
growth. This is achieved by conducting regular examinations, providing excellent
infrastructure and above all, with the presence of dedicated and highly
qualified, faculty members, who strive in ensuring the all-round development of
the professionals emerging from this institute.The
faculty of economics shall provide quality class education to increase the
number of graduates in the verity of degree programs like BBA, MBA, DBA, DIA
and BS ECONOMICS, ISLAMIC ECONOMINS,
ISLAMIC BANKING and FINANCE.
The Faculty of Business and Economics has following two departments:
Department of Business
- Department of Business
- Department of Economics
The Department of Business
Administration was established in
the year 1388 as one of the leading management sciences educational Department
with a vision to be recognized as a world-class learning Department for management sciences. The Department attracts students from all over the country
and graduates 4 batches of male and 2 batches of female up to now with various
specializations. The Department offer the following programs like BBA, DBA and
DIA. The Department is upgrading in the academic infrastructure, effective
teaching skills and good educational environment. Department offers
specializations in the field of Finance, Management, HRM and Marketing. Thebasic purpose of this degree is to
provide a thorough knowledge of main disciplines relevant to business
management. In this program the students are provided a strong foundation in
the basic fields and are also exposed to the latest issues and topics facing
business leaders today. Generally, BBA is not a terminal degree and students
would go for their MBA before getting into the job market. However, the program
is designed in such a way that graduates should be capable of getting
reasonable jobs. The total course duration program is as under.
students who learn the BBA degree will be able to:
- Communicate effectively and professionally and demonstrate
the ability to create coherent (logical) written and oral statements.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify and evaluate relevant
information for Decision-making and
make usage of diagnostic thinking skills and analytical Techniques to assess
the information and solve problems in the environment like ours characterized
- Understand the importance of
teamwork and group dynamics in achieving organizational goals and demonstrate
ability to work effectively in teams.
- Acknowledges and understands significance of cultural
diversity adapt (familiarize) their Interpersonal behaviors and styles
- Understand various leadership styles and demonstrate proven
ability in exercising these styles according to the requirement of the
- Understand the dynamics (changing aspects) of the
organizational conflict and power and Politics and make use of their analytical
and interpersonal skills accordingly.
- Acquire awareness of global
diverse perspectives and understand the theory, Operations and challenges of
- Demonstrate effectively
practicing of overall functional business knowledge and ability to identify and
interpret essential business concepts, principles and skills.
- Identify core organizational values and understand the
issues of ethical and social diversity based on ethic, gender, religion, and
culture and demonstrate the ability to propose feasible solutions to these
- Understand computer-based
information systems and able to use end-user Computing tools and
infrastructures to apply and interpret functional business Knowledge.
Department of Economics:
The department of Economics offers BS Economic degree program, designed to provide a broad spectrum that reflects interdisciplinary of the subject. The General rules for the BS program in economics are the same as for the all the BS programs offered at Salam University. The following some of the additional rules specified to BS economics by the school of economics:
- The program of BS economic will be of four year duration equally divided into eight regular semesters excluding winter session.
- The first three years are devoted to introduction of all key areas of economics in some compulsory courses from related disciplines to broaden the thinking perspective and vision of the students.
- The final year is focused on mastering the skills in one of the four available specializations.
- The degree program of BS economics is completed on earning of 130 required credits.
- 42 courses are worth 3 credit hours and 2 courses are worth 2 credit hours.
- Each regular semester shall be spread over 18 weeks, 16 weeks for teaching and 2 weeks for preparation and the conduct of examination.
- The progress the student shall be monitored in each semester on the basis of his or her academic performance in the semester as measured by the number of courses passed and grad Average GPA.
- Winter session if offered provide opportunity to the student who fail or withdraw from course and those who wish to improve their GPA to qualify to the next semester.
- In winter session (during semester break) a department may offer at least intensive session of 48 contact hours with courses of its choice.
- The students can register for up to 2 courses during winter session however grade improvement would not be allowed in more than four courses during the entire study program of studies.
- A student is required to take 15-18 credit hours course work per regular semester however chairperson – director of the department may allow a maximum of 21 credit hours course work in one semester on the approval of the dean.
Program learning objectives
- Students will be able to recall and interpret intermediate microeconomic theory;
- Students will be able to recall and interpret intermediate macroeconomic theory;
- Students will be able to recall and interpret international economic theory,
- Students will be able to recall and interpret the fundamental tools of quantitative analysis.
- Students will be able to apply economic theory to analyze important business, economic or social issues;
- Students will be able to apply algebraic ,graphical or statistical methods to analyze important business economic or social issues;
- Students will be able to employ economic research methodology to analyze important business. Economic or social issues.
- Students will be able to employ technical writing skills to analyzeimportant business, economic or social issues;
- Whenever relevant and appropriate ,students will be able to identify and examine diverse perspectives when explaining and comparingsolutions to important business, economic or social problems;
- Whenever relevant and appropriate, students will be able to identify and examine the ethical implications of proposed solutions to important business, economic, social issues.